Have you ever heard of the chemical called fluoride? If your answer is no, then please take the time to read this article because you need to be made aware of the effects that it has on your health, because more likely than not, you are consuming it without knowing it.
Those of you who have heard about fluoride have been told it is used to prevent tooth decay, which is why it is found in tooth paste. Applying fluoride topically to our teeth would seem to make sense then, if this was the case, but the question then is, why has the government put it in our drinking water? Some research in our history shows that this was done back in 1945 to help entire populations fight off tooth decay by giving them easy access to it via the public water supply; reaching about 75% of the nations drinking water. Maybe this was a good idea back then, but do we really need this anymore, especially when it violates are fundamental right to not to be forcefully mediated, along with the fact that there is no need to have it our water if we have already have fluoride in toothpaste? By the way, have you noticed that on your toothpaste tube that there is a warning telling you not to swallow it because it can be harmful, but we are supposed to drink tap water by the gallons and not be concerned?
The US is one of the few remaining countries in the world that actually practices water fluoridation, whereas, other nations that previously did have completely ceased to because they have discovered that fluoride is a harmful toxic chemical and that it is actually ineffective in preventing tooth decay.
In 2010, a U.S. CDC Preventions study determined that “40.7% of adolescents aged 12–15 had dental fluorosis (tooth deformity and weakening),” which has caused the US Department of Health and Human Services, together with The US Environmental Protection Agency, to reduce is recommended level of fluoride drinking water supply. Now right there should be enough to totally ban fluoridation completely, yet it has not yet happened in the US. For whatever the reason, and it seems that our politicians can care less about the health of their citizens. So like many the issues we face, we the citizens need to make sure we avoid this harmful toxin by not drinking tap water at all and stop using it when we prepare foods as well (such as pasta etc.)
However, there has been some hope that we are moving in the right direction. According to Wikipedia,
In April 2015, fluoride levels in the United States were lowered for the first time in 50 years, to the minimum recommended levels of 0.7ppm, because too much fluoride exposure has become a common issue for children teeth, visible in the form of white splotches. The basis were the results of two national surveys (1999–2004 NHANES) which assessed the prevalence of dental fluorosis, and found that two out of five adolescents had tooth streaking or spottiness on their teeth – an increase of mostly very mild or mild forms.
So that’s a good start, but it’s not good enough. I think there is absolutely no reason to use fluoride whatsoever; I even use a brand of toothpaste that does not have fluoride in it called Tom’s non-fluoride toothpaste, and my teeth are totally fine.
Below are 11 facts about the effects on our body due to ingesting fluoride:
1. Babies receive the highest doses of fluoride as they rely solely on liquids for food. A baby being fed formula receives approximately 175 times more fluoride than a breast-fed infant and is exposed to its toxicity more than anyone. Unless you want your baby to have various medical issues in the future, please do not allow feed them fluoridated water.
2. There is not a single process in your body that requires fluoride; therefore, it is a contaminant.
3. A multi-million dollar U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) -funded study found no relation between tooth decay and the amount of fluoride ingested by children.
4. Water fluoridation can’t prevent the oral health issues that result from inadequate nutrition and lack of access to dental care.
5. Water fluoridation is a violation of your individual right to informed consent to medication because you may not have been aware of it until now and there is no way to actually know how much of it you would ingest.
6. The chemicals used to fluoridate water supplies are largely hazardous by-products of the fertilizer industry and have never been required to undergo randomized clinical trials for safety or effectiveness by any regulatory agency in the world; therefore, no one actually knows how bad the long-term side effects of fluoride are.
7. Studies have shown that the fluoride interferes with a pineal gland of the brain and other neurological processes which could be linked to Alzheimer’s and other various other detrimental health risks.
8. The U.S. FDA classifies ingested fluoride for purposes of reducing tooth decay as an “unapproved drug.”
9. Ingesting fluoride has been found to damage soft tissues such as: the brain, the kidneys, and the endocrine system, as well as the teeth themselves via dental fluorosis and bones via skeletal fluorosis.
10. 24 studies have been conducted demonstrating a strong relationship between fairly modest exposure to fluoride and reduced IQ in children.
11. People on low incomes are least able to afford avoidance measures, such as reverse osmosis filters or specific bottled water brands; therefore, fluoridation in a sense discriminates against those with low incomes.
I don’t think there really is a good argument for fluoride at all, so strongly suggest that you stop poisoning yourself and advise others to do the same. The most logical and immediate thing to do is to stop drinking tap water and start drinking a bottled water brand that contains no fluoride.
I myself went and bought a water cooler from a company called Primo. Their 5-gallon water jugs do not contain any fluoride and I can notice a very big difference in taste. Sure it may cost me a total of few extra dollars a week, but my health is more important than the money in my pocket. I haven’t drank tap water in over a decade and I have no issues with my teeth at all: no cavities, no decay, and no gum disease. This seems to go against the claim that we need fluoride in our water supply doesn’t it?
I have also researched and discovered that tap water filters and other systems like Brita do not remove fluoride, so don’t count on some cheap filters to remove this chemical; you need to buy non-fluoridated water and invest in your health.
Also realize that the cheapest way for companies to make soda, juices, and alcoholic beverages on a massive scale is to use tap water; therefore, I think you should avoid drinking them completely or at least greatly reduce how frequent you consume them. We are already exposed to fluoride water coming in contact with our skin while showing, in our foods when we eat at restaurants when they boil our foods in tap water, and while using it when we wash our dishes and do laundry. But I think our skin is able to prevent any damage that this harmful toxic can as it is way more efficient than our internal organs in fighting off toxins and other harmful things, as our skin is the front line of our immune system.
Although fluoridation in our water supplies have been reduced since 2015, it still isn’t enough in my opinion. Until legislation is passed to remove all fluoride completely from our tap water, the only thing we can do for now is to take action in our own hands.
I encourage you to please get the word out and share this information with everyone that you care about so we can all be aware of how to avoid unintentionally poisoning ourselves.